Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pumpkin Bread Thanks

We had a terrific Primary Program on Sunday. Some how the 90-minute practice was condensed into a perfectly-timed 50-minute presentation on My Eternal Family. The 40+ kids sang beautifully and the talks were sweet and inspiring.

None of it would have happened without great people helping along the way, the teachers, the music leaders and wonderful leadership from AK, CS and SJ. Here's a link to my favorite song, "The Family is of God"

To thank all involved, I got busy making a triple batch of my favorite pumpkin bread.A few hours and 21 loaves later, everyone received their snack. Now that the weather's colder, I could eat pumpkin anything 3 times a day!

This recipe makes 3 big loaves or 7-8 mini loaves. I buy my tin pans in bulk from a local restaurant supply store--makes for easy giving of baked goods!

Pumpkin Bread
3 c. sugar
1 c. oil
4 eggs
3 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. allspice
2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. water
1 1-lb. can pumpkin

Beat together sugar, eggs and oil. Sift in dry ingredients.
Then, add pumpkin and water. Optional ingredients: nuts, raisins or chocolate chips.
Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Makes three large loaves or 7-8 mini loaves. Cook mini loaves for 35 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment