Monday, November 9, 2009

Maclaren Recall-Should I Care?


So, I guess I should be worried, but I can hardly get alarmed. Maclaren is voluntarily recalling 1 MILLION strollers, sold between 1999 and today. Apparently, the hinge has caused finger amputations in 12 kids (that's .0012% rate of disaster). Yes, ABC News says the damage is "irreversable" but really.. I should stop using the stroller immediately?!

Yes, I'm going to live life on the edge. My 2004 Techno XT is still going to carry my 2-year old son up the hill as we walk his sister to school. She was the first user of the stroller. It took us through airports, around London, to the French Open and back and no fingers were lost. It's been to Sea World and through the sand in the Outer Banks and while there are a few squeaks and wiggles, this stroller should last us through at least one more child.

Sure, by tomorrow, you'll find me calling the 1-800 number ((877) 688-2326) some time between 8 and 5 Eastern. I'll ask for my free hinge kit. But before I do that, we're going to make our own observations on the mechanics of the hinge. After all it is a hinge, a place where things are supposed to bend.

If you see us walking up the hill, wave and say 'hi'. We're the rebellious ones on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment